What is an 11th-Month Warranty Inspection?
An 11th-month warranty inspection is much like a standard house inspection, but it takes place toward the end of your newly built home’s warranty. The inspector will check all of the components of your home, including the roof, foundation, framing, windows, and doors, as well as the electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems. This is extremely helpful information that will tell you if your builder needs to make repairs before the warranty expires.
Why is a Warranty Inspection Important?
An 11th-month warranty inspection will catch potential problems with your home before they turn into more significant issues. If the inspector finds any concerns during the assessment, you can address them with your builder and have them make repairs. Keep in mind that most builders will warranty their work for one year, so most issues found during the 11-month inspection will be covered.
If you’re considering building a new home, ask your builder about their warranty. This will give you peace of mind that your home is in good shape and covered by a solid guarantee.
What Does the Inspection Cover?
The main areas that are examined include the roof, framing, windows, doors, and electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems. If issues come up during these first several months of living in the home, they could result in costly future problems if left unaddressed.
For example, moisture intrusion can cause mold or water damage in the home. While the builder’s warranty will usually cover these issues for at least a year, it’s best to be proactive about inspecting your home before any major damage is done.
To get the most out of your warranty inspection, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Ask your builder about their warranty. Many builders expect an inspection to be scheduled and will discuss their warranty with you.
- Be sure to attend the inspection so you can ask questions and better know your home.
- If problems are discovered, discuss them with the inspector and then your builder immediately.
- It’s a good idea to prepare a list of questions or concerns that you have ahead of your 11-month inspection.
- Work closely with your builder so they can make repairs promptly. Most builders provide one-year warranties on their work, so any problems discovered during the first 11 months should be taken care of without much hassle.
Order an 11th Month Warranty Inspection
An 11th-month warranty inspection is an integral part of owning a newly constructed home. By catching potential problems early on, you can save yourself time, money, and aggravation in the future. If you have any questions about this type of warranty for your new home, be sure to speak with your builder.
Carolina HomePro Inspections provides home inspections, including 11th-month warranty inspections to Charlotte, NC, and the Rock Hill area of South Carolina. Contact us to request an appointment.